Morgan A. Nix
Morgan joins HLG after practicing family law with another Santa Barbara firm. She is experienced in handling various family law matters -- from complex jurisdictional questions to hard-fought custody cases. She is a regular in the Santa Barbara County courtrooms.
Morgan graduated from law school at the top of her class. In 2014, during her last year of law school, she interned for Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Brian Hill.
Originally from the Columbus, Ohio area, Morgan came to Santa Barbara in 2009 to join the writing staff at the Santa Barbara News-Press. There, she worked as a reporter for two years before being encouraged to enter law school. Her journalistic skills are a huge asset to HLG.
Outside of the office, Morgan's interests include following current events, enjoying wine tasting and supporting her favorite sports teams. She is a life-long soccer player. She and her husband (whom she met at a pick-up game) enjoy playing on recreational teams.
- State Bar of California, 2015
- J.D., Southern California Institute of Law, 2015
- B.A., E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, Ohio University, Specializing in Political Science
Professional Associations and Distinctions
- Member of Santa Barbara County Bar Association, (2018 - present)
- Member of Ventura County Bar Association, (2018 - present)
- Member of Santa Barbara Women Lawyers, (2018 - present)
- Member of William Gordon Inns of Court, (2017 - Present).